Although most parts of our world are experiencing significant challenges related to COVID-19, we are EXCITED to be able to share with you SEVERAL tangible resources assembled by members and the leadership of the SDA-HPERA to help those teaching physical education to our students. Here are the categories:
A) Two interactive trainings specific for Adventist physical education offered via Zoom on Tuesday, March 24 :
- “Tangible help for online teaching of Health & Physical Education/Kinesiology in SDA Colleges” starting at 11:00am Pacific / 2:00pm Eastern https://zoom.us/j/528981726
- “Tangible help for online teaching of K-12 SDA Physical Education” starting at 12:30pm Pacific / 3:30pm Eastern https://zoom.us/j/406371729
B) WELNET – (they already have your PE class rosters ready to go), now has made several other modules available for use!
- more specific info is on the GoogleDoc Resource in item C1 below
- Attend one of the three WELNET training sessions for free, delivered via Zoom. (Just click on the link to join for the specific day/time you wish)
- Monday, March 23 @ 3pm PDT/6pm EDT– https://zoom.us/meeting/register/vJIpcuuqqjkiBry04bg9wjG0hN7ZuiQngQ
- Wednesday, March 25 @ 2pm PDT/5pm EDT – https://zoom.us/meeting/register/v5IvfuiqqT4spgVT4JSh2tBNcS96r3kd4w
- Friday, March 27 @ 1pm PDT/4pm EDT – https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpfuqurjIr1_xPW8xtHNx7e6F9X-jHOw
C) GoogleDocs resources (to use, and to make suggested additions)
- Resources and Tools for teaching physical education online (numerous resources, and you can submit your own ideas to be added)https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJDOKX-UEntjxNjJtX5oIimwu9l3u_jugU6ftFoBYHU/edit?usp=sharing
- Resources related to Inclusion for health & physical education (numerous resources, and you can submit your own ideas to be added)** link coming soon to www.sdahpera.org
D) www.sdahpera.org – the home website for SDA physical educators
E) SDA-HPERA email list-serv – send a note to executive director, Rob Thomas at rthomas@LaSierra.edu to be added to the list-serv.